Deadlines and application checklist
Early Action Deadline (non-binding): November 1.
Regular decision deadline: January 5.
Early action decisions are mailed by end-December.
Regular decision decision packets are mailed by April 1.
Transfers: Application deadline: February 1. Decisions for transfers are mailed as they are completed beginning March 1.
Associate’s degree applicants
Priority deadline: January 5. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Decisions are mailed on a rolling basis.
September 1 (international applicants).
October 1 (US citizens and permanent residents) Decisions mailed mid-late November.
Associate’s degree applicants: October 1.
Programs Open for Spring Entrance
Freshmen: Pratt is accepting freshmen for associate degrees, BA in Art History, and Construction Management.
Transfers: all programs but architecture
Associate’s: open to all freshmen and transfers
Undergraduate Application Requirements
- Online Application (online required) with fee of $50; international applicant fee is $90. The online application is here.
- Official transcript from your last high school attended (as long as it includes any prior years at other high schools). If it does not, you must submit official transcripts from any schools not included. If you took the GED, you must submit official scores in addition to transcripts. Transcripts should be sent by your school either by mail or by using Naviance to submit electronically. The mailing address is below.
- SAT Results of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT 1) or the American College Testing Program (ACT) with writing. International applicants, see item #7 below.
- Optional letter of recommendation. This is not required. If you still wish to submit a recommendation, a reference form is downloadable if your reference prefers a form. Your recommendation must be submitted by mail by the recommender.
- Portfolio: A visual or writing portfolio is required for all majors but construction management. Portfolios must be submitted at pratt.slideroom.com. View Portfolio Requirements.
- Essay: The essay question is included in the application. Describe when and how you became interested in art, design, writing, architecture, or the particular major to which you are applying. Describe how this interest has manifested itself in your daily life. The essay must be 250–500 words.
- TOEFL International applicants only whose first language is not English must submit the TOEFL (required score of 79 (internet-based test) for four-year programs and 71 for two-year programs (Associates and PrattMWP), the IELTS (required score of 6.5 for four-year programs and 6.0 for two-year programs), or the PTE (53 for four-year programs and 48 for two-year programs) or the SAT or ACT (no specified minimum). If your first language is English, you may submit the SAT or ACT, but we will also accept the TOEFL, IELTS or PTE. Please have official scores sent by the testing company. Please review international requirements online here.
All materials including portfolio if required must be no later than two weeks after the deadline.
All materials must be sent to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205