Fall 2017 Final Merit Scholarship
January 15, 2017
Final Merit Scholarship(Transfer)
March 15, 2017
Spring 2017Final Merit Scholarship
December 15, 2016
- Application: Please answer all application questions accurately and completely via the Online Transfer Application or Freshmen: Common App
- Portfolio: SAIC only accepts electronic portfolios uploaded through SlideRoom. Your portfolio should consist of 10–15 pieces of your best and most recent work reflecting your interests, skills, and willingness to experiment. You may access SlideRoom here to begin uploading your work. The link to the SlideRoom portal will also be emailed to you after you submit this application.
- Artist’s Statement: You are required to submit a 250–500 word artist’s statement describing your art making practices and why you would be a strong candidate for SAIC. You may submit your statement in SlideRoom, or as a Word document with this application.
- Transcripts: Send high school, official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. Transfer students: along with an official copy of your high school or GED transcript. Schools can fax transcripts to 312.629.6101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Standardized Test Scores: Students who have earned less than 15 semester hours of college credit are required to submit either SAT or ACT scores. International students are required to submit either TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores. Please see saic.edu/ug for minimum score requirements.
- Letter of Recommendation: Applicants must submit one letter of recommendation from an art instructor, mentor or another professional who can evaluate your motivation, commitment and potential to succeed at SAIC. Sealed letters can be mailed or delivered to 36 South Wabash, suite 1201, Chicago, IL 60603.